The 3M Company (3M) is an American multinational conglomerate corporation operating in the fields of industry, worker safety, US health care, and consumer goods. 3M produces over 60,000 products including adhesives, abrasives, laminates, personal protective equipment, dental and orthodontic products, and medical products under various brands. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Maplewood, Minnesota.
- Creating territory maps for internal clients.
- The team was strapped for resources during COVID-19 so they needed a tool they could handle learning and implementing without outside resources.
- Ability to gain insights that could be used to better deploy inside sales resources
- Geopointe’s layer function makes it easy to figure out territories when 3M organizes territories by ZIP codes but channel partners use counties. Layering both shape types on the map easily creates territories that can then be used in presentations and distributed to the correct reps.
- Extensive Knowledge Base empowers users to easily utilize the full power of Geopointe’s features.
- Geopointe’s CSV Import feature allows users to import data from a CSV onto the Geopointe map in Salesforce and save that data as a layer.
- New opportunities to make internal clients happy.
- Extended knowledge of their territories. (Did you know counties in Michigan extend into Lake Michigan? Neither did we!)
- Visualization where the team is winning business and where they are not.
- Better analysis of travel patterns.
- Visualization of which territories have open opportunities.
- Insights to help determine where insides sales should be primarily focusing their efforts.
- Can better determine when face-to-face meetings are truly necessary vs. what can be completed virtually.
- Overall results? Completing tasks faster! More cost-effective! And visual results are aesthetically pleasing!
Recommendations for others considering Geopointe
- Play with it! Don’t be afraid you’re going to break anything, test it out to see what it is truly capable of accomplishing.
- Visit the Geopointe Knowledge Base, the extensive article database provided enables users to self-educate themselves.